Thursday, February 24, 2011

Introducing Brody M!



Let's just go ahead and say what everyone does when they see pictures of this little guy, "check out that awesome hair!"  Little Brody was born on November 2 to one of our past wedding couples, Becky and Dan.  We've photographed him twice since then, once for a newborn session and again for his 3 month session earlier this month.

Brody made his grand entrance a bit earlier than expected, so our newborn photo shoot actually took place in the Maury Regional NICU just before Christmas.  When I first got the call from Becky, I have to say I was a bit nervous going into the hospital surrounded by such fragile babies.  But Brody was growing so fast and changing daily, and Becky wanted to capture all of those stages, especially considering the family had no guarantee of going home before the holidays.  The day of, however, the only thought I had once I got into the hospital room was wow.  My mom, who was assisting that day, just whispered, "I think that's the prettiest baby I've ever seen."

Brody proved to be a great model (already working the good hair vibe).  In fact, he recently was "published" in a billboard spot for the hospital.  I think he may have a career ahead...  He also had some great sentimental props from his family during his session.  He had an heirloom basket from his grandmother, his first toys from his big sister, and of course some Alabama baseball items from his parents.

At the beginning of February, I got to pay a house call for Brody's 3 month session.  He's grown so much in such a short time.  For this session, I got to see those big blue eyes on full alert mode, trying to figure out why I kept flashing lights and unwrapping him from his snug blanket.  Once again, Dan got to sneak in some baseball props.  I don't know, but I have a hunch Brody will be a little slugger before he's really able to pick up a bat...

As always, it's hard to narrow down pictures for display.  I chose a few of my favorites from each session, and included a video with highlights from each as well.  Visit us on YouTube and Facebook for full resolution video!


No comments:

Post a Comment